Lifting a Gearbox Condition

If you want to lift a gearbox condition (restriction) on the Licence that you currently hold, then you have to do a TMR driving test (or be assessed by us if going for an MC upgrade) in a vehicle with the type of gearbox that you want to upgrade to. The type of vehicle can be in any configuration.

For example

If you have a HC licence with a B Condition you can do a practical test in a HR with a non-synchromesh gearbox, you will end up with a HC unconditional licence.

Another good opportunity to get rid of a gearbox condition (restriction) is to do it at the same time as upgrading your licence type

For example

If you currently hold a HR with a B Condition you may want to upgrade to a HC licence using a Road Ranger non-synchromesh gearbox. The end result of this will be an unconditional HC Licence.

Have a question, looking to get your licence or need to upgrade? Send Enquiry

Please fill out the form below and one of our friendly representatives will be in touch shortly.
Alternatively you can call us on 07 5537 8101.

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.